- "I really wanna do it...please, please, please!" This would include such lofty pursuits as Screen
Arts, Recording Arts or Radio/T.V. Arts. Please note the omnipresent, telling and somewhat lamentable presence of the word "arts" in all three options.
- "Well, okay, I suppose I could do it. Ummm...wheee?" These are things that I could tolerate doing if the sponsorship had been sweet enough. Some examples of this included IT, Occupational Health and Safety and Human Resource *YAWN*...Management.
- Then there were the "I'd Rather Staples My Knutz To A Log and Be Forced To Catch Anvils" options: Business Administration, Aircraft Maintenance, Chartered Accountant and/or Suicide Watch Candidate.
- Does this job require a Criminal Record Check? Driver's abstract? Access to a vehicle? Do you have to be Bonded? James Bonded?
- Have you hired people in this occupation in the past two years and will you be hiring people in the next two years? Really use those psychic powers!
- Do employees generally start out permanent, casual, term, seasonal, part time or detained illegally in the storage closets?
- What post-secondary training is necessary to gain employment in this occupation? Will my mail-order certificate from the South Idaho School of Computerization and Cosmostology be good enough?
- What opportunities for advancement are there? How long does it take to get a key to the executive bathroom?
Which brings to me to an amusing side rant: why is it that you cease to exist as an autonomous human being and become a two-person collective the second you declare that you're in a relationship with someone? Bull-s#!%, I tells ya.
EPIC: Will I be the caller or the call-ee in this scenario over the next few months?