Sunday, December 22, 2013

In Transit


Here's how my flight home last year played out in a series of desperate and pathetic Tweets:

12:27 PM 
Sorry that the weather's completely shite today, guys, but I'm flying today.
#alanismorissetteironic
 
12:28 PM
The airport: the only place on the planet where a bottle of water is more expensive then a tall Starbuck's dark roast.
#hydrationpaymentplan?
 
12:30 PM
The airport: where young people bliss-out with digital distractions and old people cling doggedly to boredom.
#generationgapchasm
 
12:34 PM
The airport: where an elderly black woman can dress like Diahann Carroll in the "Star Wars Holiday Special" and no-one bats an eye.
#pssstdiscoisdead
 
12:39 PM
Hey, moron, if the airport waiting area is totally silent then everyone can hear your "private" phone conversation.
#useyourindoorvoice
 
12:50 PM
A hyperventilating older woman continues to linger just outside the still-open plane door.
#Ivedecidedtorethinkthiswholeflyingthing
 
12:51 PM
The stewardess has now linked arms with her in case the old woman passes out and rolls down the steps.
#whatevershesgettingpaiditisntnearlyenough
 
12:56 PM
Dude to panicked lady: "You'll be alright, maid! In a few minutes you'll be back there playin' cards and havin' a smoke!"
#screwsafetyregulationsletlighterup
 
12:58 PM
Stewardess seems to have pacified the panicked lady with a premature offering of pretzels and O.J.
#prozaclacedjuicebox
 
1:00 PM
Pretty sure the dude seated in front of me has been marinating in Captain Morgan and Aqua Velva. 
#youcanwearORdrinkeitherofthem
 
1:00 PM
God, I sure hope the pilot flies better then he drives.
#checkhispapers 
 
1:03 PM
Oh...my...God, I just heard the stewardess refer to our pilot as a "new hire". #thingsyoudontwannahearonaplane
 
1:06 PM
So, apparently the chemical used to de-ice planes first turns ice brown, then it turns ice green and then and only then does it melt it. 
#seemslegit
 
2:31 PM
Plastic cup just popped out of the seat flap in front of me, spilling ice and O.J. into my open backpack.
#urgetokillrisingrisingrising
 
2:36 PM
The two things that have caused me the most hearing loss in my lifetime are rock concerts and Dash-8 airplane cabin noise.
#wha?
 
2:46 PM
Dash-8 planes: slightly less leg room then a go-cart. Inadvertently molested my seat-mate while fishing my iPod outta my backpack.
#thosenutsarentcomplimentary
 
2:47 PM
DEER LAKE: I AM IN YOU!!!
#notdirtytechnicallycorrect
 
2:51 PM
Feet pinned under backpack and not enough room to pull bag up between shins and seat in front of me. "HALP!  I IS TRAPT!"  
#santaclaustrophobia
 
2:52 PM
LEMME OFF!!! LEMME OFF!!! LEMME OFF!!! LEMME OFF!!! LEMME OFF!!! LEMME OFF!!! LEMME OFF!!! LEMME OFF!!! LEMME OFF!!!
#margesimpson
 
3:12 PM
Seeing the smiling faces of the 'rents in the terminal widow = priceless.
#worththeeffort
 
 
EPIC LOOP    See how far you can get through this before you end up joining her in the chorus... 

 
HOLIDAY SPECIAL FAIL     "OoooOooo...OOOO! We are excited, aren't we?"
  
 
 


No comments: