Friday, September 24, 2010

Pinch me. Seriously, pinch me, just stay above the equator...

Ever since I left my staid office job in April I've found myself in some pretty surreal, out-of-body but refreshingly unconventional situations that would never have occurred if I hadn't left.

So, Kind Reader, I present to you...

DAVE'S TOP TEN LIST OF BIZARRE, INTERESTING AND SUPER-COOL THINGS THAT WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED TO ME IF I HADN'T LEFT MY LAST CRAPPY JOB: 
  1. Brandishing a blood-covered collapsible camping shovel against a S.W.A.T. cop who has an M16 pointed at my face.
  2. Having actor Rutger "Roy Batty" Hauer ask me: "I'm sorry, but could you simplify your question just a bit?"
  3. Being unfairly chewed out by a ten-year-old girl over stage directions.
  4. Sitting in the apartment of a prominent member of a local comedy troupe with just him and his cat, hoping against hope that other volunteers show up as promised and alleviate the crushing awkwardness.
  5. Nearly being trampled by the town-marshall of Tombstone.
  6. Jason Priestley trying to convince me that accomplished but world-weary actor John Hurt is "Really, really funny.  Honest, like...funny.  All the time!"
  7. Having a perfectly normal conversation with an attractive young couple wearing nothing but life jackets.  Er, them, not me... 
  8. Getting applause from reading my poetry in front of a gathering of about twenty people.  Bless you, you sweet, charitable souls...
  9. Only getting to ask one question during a film-maker's Q&A session then getting my own personal Q&A session while driving the same director to the airport two nights later.  (Thanks for being patient, Richard!) 
  10. Dropping off a model/actress and her equally attractive friend off at her hotel, parking the car and being stopped by a Newfoundlander in the lobby who asked me: "Jesus, buddy, was' yer secret?  Lemme guess...you're hung like a bull moose?"  Classy. 
What's next for me?  I have no clue, and frankly, after knowing exactly what's going to happen to me every day for the past four years, that's kinda exciting...


EPIC: 



FAIL:  http://gremlindog.com/media-hollywood/15-awkward-celebrity-encounters/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Keep 'er rollin, dude!